Pharmacy and Medications
Mylotarg (gemtuzumab ozogamicin): Withdrawn from Market Due to Potential Safety Risks
- ATTENTION: The drug gemtuzumab ozogamicin (sold as Mylotarg) was withdrawn from the US market on June 21, 2010 due to potential safety risks.
FDA RECOMMENDATION: If Mylotarg is part of your therapy,
- Mylotarg will not be commercially available to new patients.
- Patients who are currently receiving the drug may complete their therapy following consultation with their health care professional.
- Health care professionals should inform all patients receiving Mylotarg of the product?s potential safety risks.
For additional information about this withdrawal, please follow the link below:
For more information:
Go to the Pharmacy and Medications
health topic, where you can:
- Read articles on this topic
- Browse the previously asked questions
This article is a NetWellness exclusive.
Last Reviewed: Feb 04, 2011