Cancer

Bladder cancer BCG treatment

11/30/2007

Question:

I am a 55 year old male with TaG3 bladder cancer. I had the surgery and am having BCG treatments and my urologist wants me to have 8 treatments and I have read that 6 is the standard and that anything over 6 might actaully have a negative effect on the immune response. Any comments or recommendations? Thanks

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. In this forum we try to answer general questions about cancer but can not diagnose or recommend testing or treatment. You appear to have some very specific questions about your treatment, which can only be answered properly by a physician who is familiar with your history, physical exam, and test results. Your questions about the the risks, benefits, and alternatives for proposed treatments of your condition need to be directed to your treating physician(s). You should insist that they answer these questions in a way that you are able to understand before there is consent to any treatment. If your physician is unable to help you understand these issues, you should get a second opinion. Take care.

Go to the Cancer health topic, where you can:

Joanna M Brell, MD Joanna M Brell, MD
Formerly, Assistant Professor of Medicine