Nodes/parotid tumor

I am a 34 year old female. I have a small, hard, painless, lump ( size of peanut m&m) in front of my ear, where the jaw bone opens and shuts, that has been there for years. A couple of years ago it grew a little but hasn`t since. Doctors through the years haven`t said much about it. Went to ENT (for unrelated solved issue) and he wants to remove it and told me about parotid tumors. Since the appt. I have read about it and now feel worried since I have a small lump under my tongue on the floor of my mouth as well. It has been there about 6 mths but I never thought anything about it. Is there a way that my salivary glands are blocked or is this likely a mestatatis? I am most worried about myoesophogeal carcinoma (especially since I saw something that relates that to myesthania gravis- which I was diagnosed with during my pregnancy 6 years ago- but symptom free since my second child 3 years ago) Is this all possibly related and if they are going to remove the lump by my ear should I schedule them to remove the others at the same time? Thank you so much for your time.

It is not unreasonable to remove these lumps and bumps, since this is the best way to determine their histology. Your ENT should have done a complete head and neck exam and should be able to tell you if they are related.  Make certain you feel comfortable with him/her, and feel free to ask questions.  Good luck.

Yash J Patil, MD Yash J Patil, MD
Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology