Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders

Ear lobe pain



I am having a painful sensation in the lower part of my left ear (ear lobe area). It comes and goes. I am a very healthy 51 year old female and have no other health issues. What could this be and should I consult a physician?


I recommend you see an otolaryngologist and get an examination. You may need a baseline hearing test. This may be due to an infection, such as a cyst that often may develop at the base of the ear lobe.  An examination by an Otolaryngologist should quickly answer your question.  

For more information:

Go to the Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Ravi N Samy, MD, FACS Ravi N Samy, MD, FACS
Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology, Director of Skull Base Surgery Fellowship, Director of Adults Cochlear Implantation Program
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati