Ear pain

hi,my question,,I get pain n both ears when I yawn deeply,shalow yawns are not painfull,its feels similar to the decompresion a plane ride gives in ones ears ,this came about from a visit to a chiropractor over two years now,and the yawn pain has not subsided,I think there is permanent damage ,i have noticed that I get blocked ears more in the last 2 years (wax build up)and visit the gp for ear syringe which has been getting more painfull also at each visit.thanks for your time.....

Its fairly clear that from the signs and symptoms that you've presented that you should be evaluated by an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist. It may be as simple a problem as ear wax or it may be other issues such as eustachian tube dysfunction in addition to ear wax. A thorough ear cleaning and exam under the microscope (that is not typically available in a general practitioner's office), as well as a full audiologic test would be the baseline recommendations for someone with your symptoms.

Daniel   Choo, MD Daniel Choo, MD
Associate Professor and Director, Division of Otology/Neurotology