Wellness Center

How Do I Overcome the Oiliness in My Skin?

11/11/2009

Question:

i am a married woman aged 24yrs. Now we are planning for pregnancy. Now my annoying worry is that, the oiliness in my face and the scalp. I have heard that the cause for this is excessive secretion of testosterone. but somebody is telling that, this is the sign of unhealthyness, hormonal imbalance and so on. i used to eat lot of snacks so i decided to control all those stuffs now I need exactly the cause for the oil secretion and the exact contoling measures like, what should i eat to cure that. but i decided to avoid junk foods. please guide me doctor. i need ur help

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness.  We refer our patients to the KIM-2 program which is a free download from http://efaeducation.nih.gov/.  With this program you can find foods high in plant oils, omega-6 which causes the increased oils.

Go to the Wellness Center health topic, where you can:

Glen F Aukerman, MD, DABFP Glen F Aukerman, MD, DABFP
Professor of Family Medicine