Pancreatic Cancer

Chronic Pancreatits

03/15/2010

Question:

For one year I have taken viokase and losec for chronic pancreatitis with no changes in CT scans or MRIs since first diagnosed.How important is it to take losec? I have osteopenia and in 1.5 years my hip density has decreased a lot and now I am supposed to take actonel. I just stopped taking losec because I think it affected my hip.I have no pancreatis symptons except for diarhea.Recently I have been getting mild middle stomach pain. Please advise me on taking these medications. Thank you

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. We receive many questions about the effects of mixing medications and possible drug interactions. Because it may take several days for you to receive your answer, NetWellness "Ask an Expert" service may not be the timeliest way for you to get the information that you need.

For immediate information, your local pharmacist may be in the best position to assist you.

For authoritative information on medications, please refer to Medline Plus' Drugs, Supplements, and Herbal Information.

Go to the Pancreatic Cancer health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org