Pain on Left Side/Temporal Area

03/15/2010

Question:

Like the person who also has pain in the left ear, temporal area. Doctor says its the Hyoid bone, that has something like Carpal Tunnel syndrome in it. I was given a shot of Kenalog 10 cc, the pain went away for three days then returned. I also have a clicking noise when I chew certain things. I take Tension headache pills, it seems to help for a while. Yet, when ever I sleep on my left side, I wake up with intense pain. I was told it might be TMJ problems, if so, how can that be corrected? I also have Tinnitus, which is a constant noise 24/7 What do you think,and or suggest?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org