Elongated Uvula

03/29/2010

Question:

I woke up a week ago like something was stuck in the back of my throat. I think I have an elongated uvula. I have tried gargling with salt water, ice chips, and lots of water. My throat is not sore, but about three days before that feeling in my throat, I had scratched the roof of my mouth with a potato chip, that made a white spot on my mouth, and my gland was swollen under my jaw. That is all gone, but like I said, 3 days after I scratched the roof of my mouth, I woke up to this elongated uvula. I do not have any soreness what so ever, just this annoying feeling in the back of my throat.. help please to tell me how to get rid of this , and make it shrink.I would appreciate any input at this point.Thank-you

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org