HPV/Herpes. in the Throat. Yes or No...

04/16/2010

Question:

Okay, Back in January I found out I had Genital Herpes. My breakout happend back in october. Found out the carrier was my B/F, he never had a breakout though until a couple months after me. I know you get the disease with skin on skin contact.. what I would like to know is can you get it in your throat? I have little bumps that make me think of the herpes small and the color of my skin. To me my throat looks different & I cant swollow normal, (its hard to explain) It does not hurt like your normal sore throat its weird. sometimes im okay and random days my throat is more uncomfortable. thing is I never get sick (have not for about 6 yrs.) My throat didnt get like this until after I had been with my B/F, Im not sure what to think.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. A question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The links below will connect you to that information. NetWellness may also have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Sexually Transmitted Infections and Diseases
Herpes type 1 and 2
Only oral

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org