Strep Throat not Responding to Antibiotics

04/28/2010

Question:

I have had strep throat for a month now. I was orginally tested and treated with zpac. I have a pencillin allergy. Zpac made me feel 95% better but my throat was still dry and a little irriatated. Back to the doctors ans she said she does no see any signs of infection. I insisted on another strep test. Came back postive with hevay growth. Then treated with levequin. WHich I dont understand why that is not usually the treatment for strep. Still feel the same and still have strep throat. WHat should i do?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org