Foeign Body Sensation Left Side (Tonsil Area)

05/05/2010

Question:

I have had the feeling of something stuck on the left side of my throat for over 6 weeks. If i feel with my finger, there is a hard lump were my left tonsil used to be (nothing on the right). I have seen 2 different ENT`s who have both looked with a scope down my throat, and poked around with their fingers. They both said nothing abnormal. I has a CT Scan with contrast done, also normal. I am at a loss as to what this is. The doctor said that if the ct scan was normal, then the lump is part of my normal anatomy. I struggle everyday all day with this persistent feeling that almost gags me. I don`t know what else to do!!!!!!!! Please Help!

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org