Pain Management

Abdominal Pain

06/07/2010

Question:

I am a 25 year old female that has had my gallbladder, appendix, spleen and pancreas removed. They did an auto-islet transplant so as of now I am not diabetic. However, my symptoms persist. I have severe pain in my left upper quadrant that is sharp and constant. I take Opana and dilaudid for pain and it only help just slightly. On top of that I have had viral meningitis 4 times without any indication why. I have pain, stiffness and numbness in my hands and joints and if moved in the right right way will send shooting pain up my arm. I was recently told I don`t have arthritis though. I am so frustrated and I do not want to be on narcotics anymore and I`m starting to give up. Please if anyone has any idea of what could be going on with me let me know.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Go to the Pain Management health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org