Blocked Ears With Grommets

07/21/2010

Question:

Hi! I am 27 years old Australian who has had 4 sinus surgeries (removal of polyps) and 2 sets of grommets put into my ears all within the last 5 years.

I believe I need to look at it all holisitically so I see a naturopath, acupuncturist, chiropractor, allergist, ear specialist/surgeon and head and neck surgeon (for the nose) as well as my GP. Luckily for me my surgeons constantly take swabs from my ears and nose and since my last op in March the culture in my nose keeps coming back as Psuedomonas.

Has anyone else had this and been able to get rid of it???? I am on the only anti-biotic that supposedly gets rid of it.

HOWEVER THE BIG PROBLEM IS MY HEARING!

I have blocked ears constantly so much so that the I see my ear doctor once a fortnight to try and suck out the crap (drainage). But now he is even getting frustrated that it is not working. The good thing is that there is no infection - YAY! but the blockage still wont go away with huge......and I do mean huge doses of oral steriods.

Has anyone got any suggestions for me??

I am so listening.......

and willing to give anything a go =)

I am already looking into an infectious disease doctor and an endocrinologist as I have just been diagnosed with insulin resistance and PCOS (poly cystic ovarian sydrome).

Thank you and have a happy day =)

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org