Pancreatic Cancer

Differences in Chemotherapy

11/02/2010

Question:

My sister has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She is looking at coming to the UofC Pancreatic Cancer Center and we were wondering if the chemo protocols for this type of cancer would be different at a Pancreatic Center or the same as it would be at say UofL Brown Cancer Center. Would she have a better chance of quality of life or extension oflife by traveling the 4 hours to come to a specialty center?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness and for your question. I am sorry to hear about your sister's diagnosis. This question generally falls outside the scope of what our experts can answer, but I would reccommend calling both the University of Cincinnati Barrett Cancer Institute on 513-584-3200 and the University if Cincinnati Pancreatic Disease Center on 513-584-2873 for further information about the services they offer.

If you have any additional questions or issues, please feel free to respond. I wish your sister the best of luck.

Go to the Pancreatic Cancer health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org