Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Vascular Surgery

Palms Turn Red When Walking



My palms turn red, (like a blushing color), when I walk, and my skin by my cuticles, (nailfolds), turns red also, when I walk. My hands throb slightly. If I raise my hands up, the redness goes away.

What type of specialist should I make an appointment with, and what kinds of tests will he do?

I showed my current doctor the redness, and he did not seem concerned, and said the redness was "blanchable erythema." But I am worried and want to find out what is causing this. Two family members had heart attacks. I want to find a specialist, since my doctor did not refer me to one.


Thank you for visiting NetWellness.  A vascular medicine specialist might be able to help (not a vascular surgeon).

Find A Vascular Medicine Specialist

For more information:

Go to the Vascular Surgery health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Jean  E Starr, MD Jean E Starr, MD
Clinical Associate Professor of Vascular Surgery
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University